Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 1998:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] ship goto

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] ship goto
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 19:12:18 +1100

Mirar <mirar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "Andrew E. Schulman" <andrex@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > I'm using the CVS version of 11/6.  When I use "Go To" to send a ship to a
> > space, twice now the ship has tried to go there by passing through an enemy
> > city, thus attacking that city.
>
> I had that problem, too. Only it was a friendly city.

But in that case it may be desirable, especially if it gives a
significantly shorter route.  Presumably the main problem is picking
up sentried units unintentionally, but notice you can get that even
without cities, if a ship crosses through the square of another ship
it will pick up any passengers (up to its cargo limit).
Not sure what should be done about these.

> And another problem: triremes kept using the coast as way-of-travel,
> even though I had Lighthouse.

Then probably the AI isn't making full use of Triremes once it gets
Lighthouse either.  Could be relatively easy to fix.

-- David