Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 1998:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] civclient quits without warning

To: "Andrew E. Schulman" <andrex@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: kris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] civclient quits without warning
From: Kris Bubendorfer <Kris.Bubendorfer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 1998 14:00:12 +1300

> The civclient has a nasty tendency to suddenly quit, causing me to lose a
> turn.  I've noticed this before after I used "Investigate city" in the
> diplomat dialog, but in the CVS version of 10/31 it just did it to me after
> an ordinary attack.  Has anyone else noticed this?

Yes.  Mine is dying in void meswin_allocate(void) with a realloc problem.  It
is quite independent of `diplomat investigate' because it happens anyway
although choosing investigate almost guarantees a crash.  I am not sure what
is wrong myself, and don't have time to look.  However this is a recent thing
- it was robust not too long ago.
--

Cheers Kris...