Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 1998:
[Freeciv-Dev] What improvement to build next...

To: "'FreeCiv-dev'" <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] What improvement to build next...
From: NU Euren Leif <leif.euren@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 09:29:41 +0100

I sugested another order in the list of improvements to build.

> David Pfitzner answered:
> Freeciv has had the AI select
> the next improvement to build for a long time

Pardon. My fault.
> As for this change being around for a long time, I clearly work (and
> play) on another time schedule... :-) My only real experience with
> this, however, is from 1.6.3. I haven't managed to play version 1.7.1
> (or the one of 98-09-30) long enough for this to become obvious --
> I've been wiped out by the AI!

Thus I add myself to the crowd of people whining for a easier and
non-cheating AI. And, yes, I've set the AI to normal. Heck, I've even
hacked into the AI code to make it easier...
Personally I think it'll be easier to get new players if the AI isn't so
"good". No-one likes to play a game you "can't win". Of course there
should be hard levels, but not to start with.

Keep up the good work! I loved FreeCiv, and I guess I'll love it
again....

your
/Leif Eurén