Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-data: September 2003:
[freeciv-data] Re: max map size limit

To: freeciv-data@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-data] Re: max map size limit
From: Thomas Strub <ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 14:11:08 +0200

On Tue, Sep 16, 2003 at 11:55:53AM +0000, Per I. Mathisen wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 jcsjns@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > Why the max map size is limited by 200 x-size and 100 y-size ? Is it
> > possible increase this limit ?
>
> Why would you want to?
>
> A 200x100 game is going to take a while.

Correct, and i think for pubserver we shouldn't change that.

But perhaps some people want to play bigpox, _big_ games.
Afaik you can change the size from the maps in the code without problems
at least to 253x253 tiles. To make it bigger some big changes are needed
because for the map position uint8 is used (8 bit -> 255 as maximum
number)

With a little bit coding experience you can change that and play with
huge maps. But that will give boring games, because you have nearly no
action.

Thomas
--
Thomas Strub  ***  eMail ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
jb: people are stupid, they don't want to learn.