Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-data: July 2003:
[freeciv-data] Re: End of Game

To: freeciv-data@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "marc@MP-BIKES" <mp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [freeciv-data] Re: End of Game
From: Christian Knoke <chrisk@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 12:31:04 +0200

Webmasters, can we include this into the FAQ?

On Wed, Jul 09, 2003 at 10:39:39AM +0200, marc@MP-BIKES wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is it possible to change the end of freeciv for example to year 3000 or
> something?
> And how can I do this?
> Thank you!!

Q: How can I change the way a Freeciv game is ended?
A:
<P>
A standard Freeciv game ends in year 2000, if no player manages to send a
spaceship to Alpha Centauri before.

<P>
If you want a longer or shorter game, you can change the endyear to anyting
between 4000 B.C. and 5000 A.D., by setting the endyear variable in the
civserver, e.g.

<PRE><TT>
set endyear 3000
</TT></PRE>

<P>
You can even end a running game at once, by setting endyear to the current
year.

<P>
If you want to avoid the game ending by space race, you can type

<PRE><TT>
set spacerace 0
</TT></PRE>

Christian