Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-data: January 2003:
[freeciv-data] Re: New tileset

To: freeciv-data@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-data] Re: New tileset
From: andrearo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 10:55:00 +0100

Frédéric <f.rodrigo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Your work is nice!
> But the difference betwen photo and draw is bizarre (not really
> important).

I agree. I have many photos that could be used for the
remaining terrain-tiles, so maybe someday...       :)

> I think that octagonal (8) are more appropriate (and intuitive) ,
> expect if
> you build this tile for hexagonal map (available later in freeciv ?).

I don't see how octagonal tiles can line up to create a pattern
that doesn't overlap.

> What do you think of use same name in all tiles-set for more
> compatibility;
> and in order that regular freeciv use more that 2 styles of cities.

Sure, we should use the same names for compability.
The morecities.png in my tileset is from the latest version of freeciv
(isotrident) in CVS.

Andreas Røsdal