[freeciv-data] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] documentation update - last call
[Top] [All Lists]
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index] [Thread Index]
Here comes my latest version of the short form of the announcement. I've
tried to crop it down even more. Rule changes may be ommitted in some
announcements, but should be there on the web site. I think it is pretty
matter-of-course that it refers to default ruleset, so this doesn't need
to be said explicitly.
Please suggest improvements. This one is actually rather important to do
well, since it will be all over the place ;)
- You can now automate workers and specialists in cities
- We have sound support and a new, improved default tileset
- A new and much improved city dialog in the gtk client
- Windows and GTK 2.0 versions of the client
- Lots of other changes, see the NEWS file for more
- Leftover research bulbs will carry over to next advance
- Trade routes are more effective
- You can build city walls even though you have Great Wall wonder
- Unit food cost under Communism has been reduced to 1
- If you lose your palace, you get a new for free in random city
- Units attacking ships in cities double their firepower, while
defenders get only 1 firepower.
- Helicopters defending against air units get 50% penalty, and
have their firepower reduced to 1 against fighter units.
We are in great need of more sound effects and better graphics. If
you have some talent in either direction, please considering giving
us a hand. See http://www.freeciv.org/ for more information.
We also desperately need to update
before the release.
"It is difficult to catch a black cat in a dark room.
Especially if there is no cat there." - Confucius