[freeciv-data] help needed with tileset info (New Poll)
[Top] [All Lists]
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index] [Thread Index]
> Which graphics tileset should the new release of Freeciv come with?
> Cevo tileset
> ASCII graphics
Trident is missing (!!!)
Tinydent, which I use, is missing too.
There is also mono-trident and perhaps more.
Besides, Freeciv always comes with multiple tilesets.
There is too little information about tilesets and it's scattered around
too much. I'm unable to clean it up, because most of the documents
pertaining to tilesets weren't written by me.
We need some organization here.
- not clear to newbies how to use nondefault tileset (the documentation
is sparse and scattered)
- not clear how to install a nondistributed tileset
- no standard file format or directory layout for tileset distributions
- downloads.phtml must be maintained by hand
- no way to check if a given tileset will work with a given
version of Freeciv
- too much manual work involved in contributing and installing
screenshots on www.freeciv.org
I've spend hours on making tilesets more visible; a couple more today.
I just can't afford to waste time like this. Some stuff should be
automated and redundancy minimized. Any help is welcome. I can
give more details if there are volunteers.
|[Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread]|
- [freeciv-data] help needed with tileset info (New Poll),
Reinier Post <=