Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-data: August 2001:
[freeciv-data] Apolyton unit set for Freeciv

To: <freeciv-data@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [freeciv-data] Apolyton unit set for Freeciv
From: "T.J.T van Kooten" <thomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 23:51:50 +0200

Project: Apolyton unit set for Freeciv

Goal: a general set of Civ2 like units for the FreeCiv isometric. Te be
released under the GPL.

Method: asking for various units from Civ2 scen designers. Once a sizeable
collection has been achieved a usability study (what are the best units for
general use?) will follow.

Being not entirely satisfied with the Hires set I've decided to collect and
design an Apolyton-set which will be released under the GPL. I won't create
all units from scratch. My plan is to ask scenario designers if they would
donate some of their units to the set. Once I have a reasonable collection
I'll set up a survey to see what units provide the best fit for the general
user.

Planning and roadmap to follow...

Check the Freeciv forum at www.apolyton.com for upcoming details

CapTVK