Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-data: August 2001:
[freeciv-data] Re: Modpack support...

To: freeciv-data@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-data] Re: Modpack support...
From: Christian Knoke <ChrisK@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2001 09:58:36 +0200

Am Freitag, 10. August 2001 11:50 schrieb Bobby D. Bryant:
> Here are the major issues for modpack support, if anyone is
> interested in working on any of them for the next version of Freeciv:

What about i18n support? AFAICS there is no possibility to translate
any modpacks now.

Some time ago I was contacted by a german fan, who wanted to
write a modpack. But of course he wanted to see the results
of his work in german.

On the other hand, we don't want to burden the translators
with all modpacks. I think the best would be to keep this
localization apart from the main game, or have a clear
flag on each string to mark it as optional.

Christian

--=20
* Christian Knoke                           +49 4852 92248 *
* D-25541 Brunsbuettel                  Wurtleutetweute 49 *