Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-data: January 2001:
[freeciv-data] Re: Unit Addition: Awacs

To: freeciv-data@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-data] Re: Unit Addition: Awacs
From: "Andreas D. Landmark" <andreas.landmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 19:02:29 +0000

At 14.01.2001 17:38, you wrote:

>I think it is a pretty cool idea.
>
>Mike

>Josh Cogliati <jjc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
><mailto:jjc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>Since the addition of fog of war, I think that freeciv is missing a
>observing type unit.  I have added a AWACS to fill that need.
>This is a airplane available with Advanced Flight that has a vision
>of 5.  I uploaded it to freeciv/incoming as awacs.tar.gz.  It can be untared
>in the data directory to replace the data there with the data including
>the awacs (I could generate a patch if that is prefered (the -u patch was
>bigger than the tar file however)).
>
>Comments?

Yep, this would be sort of like CTP2 where you have listeningtowers and
sonarbouys etc, to increase visibilty...
These would make a great improvement to freeciv, but needs the concept of
land improvement first..

but AWACS is something that sounds very good... (what about boats with
sonars, to locate submarines etc,
on top of the aegis cruiser (it's the aegis that can see subs right?)

--
Andreas D. Landmark - andreas.landmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"New friends", he said, as if it were an important point, "can often have a