Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-data: December 2000:
[freeciv-data] Reqgen patches updated

To: Freeciv data <freeciv-data@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Freeciv dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [freeciv-data] Reqgen patches updated
From: Marko Lindqvist <caz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2000 17:52:16 +0200 (EET)

 I have updated reqgen patches against latest CVS and uploaded them to
ftp.freeciv.org/freeciv/incoming/req_gen.tar.gz. I also noticed that old
versions are at ftp.freeciv.org/freeciv/contrib/development/misc/ so
this new version will probably end there too.

 Again, I have sent several separate patches instead of one big one so you
can decide yourself how much of it you use. Patches must be applied in
right order, but each step works without later patches.

 I just updated patches against latest freeciv CVS. There is no real
development since last version (20-Aug-99).

 These patches add some flexibility to freeciv rules. I hope some modpack
authors find them usefull.

 There is file patch_order.txt, which tells right order to apply patches.
Since the very first patch adds some new files, you have to run
automake for common/Makefile.am before compiling.

 Under current rules, there is maximum of one tech requirement for each
unit and building type and maximum of two tech requirements for new techs.
With this patch there can be unlimited number of requirements of several
types.

 Currently supported requirement types are:

Tech       - Player must have knowledge of certain tech in order to build
             unit/building or to research new tech.
Building   - Only cities with certain building can build unit/building,
             tech can be researched if player have at least one city
             affected by building (or wonder).
Government - Player must run certain government.
Nation     - Allowed only to certain nation.
Size       - Only cities with given minimum size can build unit/building,
             tech can be researched if player have at least one city this big.
Terrain    - Only cities on, or adjacent to, given terrain type can build
             unit/building. Tech can be researched if player have at least
             one such city.
Special    - Like Terrain, but for specials (Road, Irrigation...)

 For those who want to get really confused:

Not        - True if following requirement false.
Or         - True if either of the next two requirements is true.
And        - True if both of the next two requirements is true
             (This is only needed inside "Not" or "Or")

 There is also special type "Never", which always (even if inside "Not" or
"Or") totally removes unit/tech/building from game if it exists in requirement
list.

 TODO:

 - More consistency checkings for rulesets.
 - Cleanup.
 - AI improvements.
 - Helpbrowser. (I expect impr-gen to change help system quite a bit, so
                 I'm just waiting here.)
 - Optimization.
 - Currently tech requirements limit only what one can research. It should
   also limit what techs one can get by any other means
   (steal, conquer, great library, hut...)

 Ideas under consideration:

 - Requirement type "Year".
 - Requirement lists for city growing. (Growing from size 8 requires Aqueduct
   etc.)

 Marko Lindqvist <caz@xxxxxxxxx>

 Caz