Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-data: August 2000:
[freeciv-data] inappropriate postings

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv-data@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-data] inappropriate postings
From: Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2000 04:02:53 -0400

I am a tolerant person, but I've reached my limit.

For two weeks, I and the rest of the serious contributors to Freeciv have
silently witnessed a flood of irrelevant flames on these lists.

These messages simply waste bandwidth, and are not welcome.  I invite the
participants in these flames to go away.  Freeciv is better off without you.

On the positive side, I commend the restraint of the core Freeciv
contributors (you know who you are).  You have kept working, under very
trying conditions.

And, to those who may be new to these lists, flames have in the past been
fairly rare.  Please don't judge the Freeciv community by the recent,
unfortunate postings of a few of its more peripheral hangers-on.  I
fervently hope that those who post to these lists will re-learn restraint.

So, lets refrain from further unproductive vituperation, and keep focused
on the goal of making our favorite game ever better.

Jeff Mallatt
Freeciv Administrator