Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-data: August 2000:
[freeciv-data] [Freeciv-Dev] The final word on the fascism patch

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv-data@xxxxxxxxxxx, jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Juan Cortes <cortes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [freeciv-data] [Freeciv-Dev] The final word on the fascism patch
From: Reed Meyer <rdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 00:34:51 -0400 (EDT)

Please remove my name from the original "fascism patch" and the various
extractions posted afterwards.  If, in the future, any form of the "patch"
makes its way into the freeciv distribution or add-ons or whatever, please
ensure that no references to me are in those files.

It was a mistake to get involved in the first place, without learning
more about the copyright implications.  I just simply do not have the
desire to get involved with copyright concerns or take on a large
corporation such as Hasbro.

I'm turning it over to Juan Cortes (cortes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx).  He may also
wish to disassociate himself from freeciv; that's his decision.

P.S.:  If anyone knows how I can delete the patch posts from the mailing
list, I would be happy to delete them.

P.P.S., for anyone who thinks this is some kind of "cop out" because the
patch wasn't getting a warm response, that's a separate issue entirely,
but I wouldn't expect you to understand.  To paraphrase the heralds in
Civ II:  "Freeciv is not ready for such knowledge."

Thanks,
---Reed Meyer