Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: April 2005:
[freeciv-ai] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12295) stupid AI doesn't attack with

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12295) stupid AI doesn't attack with its howitzers
From: "Benedict Adamson" <badamson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 15:07:00 -0700

Jason Short wrote:
> In the attached savegame, the AI has several howitzers fortified next to
> my cities.  They didn't attack in the previous turn.  I don't know if
> they'll attack if you wait until the next turn.

I've noticed behaviour like this while working on the changes so the AI
goto code uses PF. In the cases I examined, the cause of the problem was
that find_something_to_kill can chose targets far away that are
impossible to reach because of ZoCs and blocking enemy units. Note my
comment in ai_fill_unit_param about parameter->get_zoc.