Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: December 2004:
[freeciv-ai] Re: A diplomacy AI rule

To: <banjo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Per Inge Mathisen'" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: A diplomacy AI rule
From: "Olivier DAVY" <olivier.davy@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 21:17:50 +0100

Well,
I agree with Per that the goal is to win.

But to win, a civilization may first think to survive long enough.
And does more complex algorithm (but implementable), and symmetric, could
give more fun to players ?
Could multi-part symmetric alliances, instead of the best against the
others, be more challenging for human players ? Less predictable ?
Perhaps the algorithm should be parametrised (hook functions ?) to enable
different ways to do diplomacy, as banjo said ?

I know that your current task of achieving the 2.0 is challenging, and I
hope that this little debate was fresh air.

Thank you for your time and attention,

Olivier