Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: March 2004:
[freeciv-ai] Re: ai client side

To: Guillermo Lopez Alejos <100030179@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: ai client side
From: nikodimka <nikodimka@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 12:22:02 -0800 (PST)

--- Guillermo Lopez Alejos <100030179@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > I think that that discussion caused me to work on puppeteer project
> > you can check out:
> >
> ftp://ftp.freeciv.org/pub/freeciv/incoming/puppeteer.patch.cvs-Dec-02_0.005gz
> > for the prototype of such an interface.
> >
> > This is the textual "command line" interface to civclient.
> > where you can issue commands like
> >
> > move 103 south -- to move unit 103 south
> > ls cities -- to get the list of all cities.
> > e.t.c.
>
> Hum... interesting. I wasn't thinking on a command line, but it could be
> useful. Is there any documentation about "puppeteer"?.

In fact the puppeteer is just a listening socket and bison based interpreter
which understands some simple language. So it should not be thought of
as command line.

The language interpreter is pretty independant of all the rest
so the protocol can be implemented with some other architecture.

The other intended use of the puppeteer is an attempt to let disabled people to
play freeciv.