Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: March 2004:
[freeciv-ai] Discusion about ai client side

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Discusion about ai client side
From: "Guillermo Lopez Alejos" <100030179@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 20:22:04 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

I'll try to explain myself.

First diagram ?Before the change (now)? or current architecture

This diagram is an abstraction of the current FreeCiv architecture
(well... the architecture I think it has).
AI players are built in the server code (so they can access a lot of
information they must not have).
The ?Client? block in the diagram is the ?core client?.
Human players see what is happening in the game and input their commands
trough the ?User Interface?.

Second diagram ?After the change?

When I say ?change? I mean how the game architecture is going to look
like when I finish coding. My main objective is to prepare the game to
be able to receive orders from human players or from other programs
(this would allow the replacement ?on the fly? of an leaving human
player with an AI program). I'll have to define a data interchange
interface to allow AI programs to communicate with the ?core client?.
The way I planned to do this is putting a layer (or ?wrapper?, but
forget this ?wrapper?) onto the ?core client?.
But now I'm starting to understand what agents are; pieces of code that
perform tasks. Well, now I need to know more about agents, specially
where the real ?intelligence? is going to go.
It's vital to my particular project (final career project) to understand
exactly how things works now, to know what the developers (all of you :)
has in mind and vice versa.

--
Guillermo López Alejos - N.I.A. 100030179
Universidad Carlos III de Madrid