Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: October 2003:
[freeciv-ai] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#6556) explorers stuck?

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#6556) explorers stuck?
From: "Cameron Morland" <cameron@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 11:00:37 -0700

On Sat, Oct 18, 2003 at 06:07:39PM -0700, Jason Short wrote:
> I had some explorers eXploring.
>
> After a while, they stopped automatically, and I saw that they were
> stuck off on a small island.  How could this happen, I wondered?
>
> Then I remembered that my ally had a trireme nearby.  The explorers must
> have crossed automatically then been unable to return.
>
> Is this a bug?  I can't say...

I would say that it's doing the right thing; it's alerting you to the
fact that they've woken up and are no longer auto-exploring, and you
might want to do something about it.

I guess that if you were an AI the explorer would ask for a ferryboat
to go somewhere else (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).

--