Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: September 2003:
[freeciv-ai] Re: (PR#6199) even huger fstk/ksw/paw/ferry cleanup

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: (PR#6199) even huger fstk/ksw/paw/ferry cleanup
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 21:26:16 -0700

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003, Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Sep 2003, Per I. Mathisen wrote:
> > Ok, so features:
> > - fstk hunts down (inland) units on other continents
> > - fstk hunts inland cities on other continents
>
> for each our unit
> it will run beachhead on each enemy city on other continent.
> if they have many inland cities, the server will grind to a halt

By my measurements, it gets 50% slower than current cvs. That is
acceptable as a temporary, short-term solution, IMHO. In the long run I
think we both agree fstk should be replaced entirely by rampage + hunt +
army code, which will be more efficient.

Let's clean up fstk now without doing a lot of fancy solutions, and then
go from there to a better system.