Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: September 2003:
[freeciv-ai] Re: (PR#6199) even huger fstk/ksw/paw/ferry cleanup

To: per@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: (PR#6199) even huger fstk/ksw/paw/ferry cleanup
From: "Gregory Berkolaiko" <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 14:24:49 -0700

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003, Per I. Mathisen wrote:

> Ok, so features:
>   - fstk hunts down (inland) units on other continents
>   - fstk hunts inland cities on other continents

for each our unit
it will run beachhead on each enemy city on other continent.
if they have many inland cities, the server will grind to a halt

this should really be re-thought.

we must make fstk PF friendly, not use it as a tool to estimate distance.
this will require some imaginative PFing, but it is possible, I believe.
It might be hard without multiple starting points code though.