Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: September 2003:
[freeciv-ai] two fixes to fstk

To: freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] two fixes to fstk
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 20:56:20 +0000 (GMT)

fstks1b: Remove happy penalty from fstk. This is applied to want every
iteration, even though the penalty is the same every time. That is waste
of CPU (very little), stupid (some) and ineffective (a lot). It is
ineffective since we reduce every want by the same amount, and in fstk
the point is to compare different wants. Calling should to this deduction.
And in fact, it does! So this code is totally superflous.

fstks2: We check if we can occupy an enemy unit... uh, right. We also do
not want to attack an enemy unit if it is defenseless... uh, right. This
was probably some code that was copy&pasted from the city targetting code
once upon a time.