Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: May 2003:
[freeciv-ai] Re: About ai_choose_attacker

To: Olivier DAVY <olivier.davy@xxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-ai <freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: About ai_choose_attacker
From: Gregory Berkolaiko <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 12:58:35 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 6 May 2003, Olivier DAVY wrote:

> Great !
>
> And what about the FIXME for the amortize function (time_to_build) in
> advmilitary.c ?
>
> Gregory said :
> """""""
> - the FIXME in the comment of ai_choose_attacker is wrong and should _not_
> be followed.  The proper explanation of the function's role can be found
> in the comment for kill_something_with.  Instead you can remove the
> fixme and maybe change the function name to something more suitable.
>
> I am not sure about FIXME in choose_bodyguard, ask Per.
> """""""""""
>
> What should I do for this part ?

Since Per doesn't want to answer, I will assume the responsibility.
        *Assuming austere look*
Stuff this comment too.  If we are sticking with "units-find-jobs" model,
then I like the current agressive unit selection a lot:
1. choose the best aggressive unit
2. find the job for it
3. choose the best unit for this job (now taking build-costs into
account).

Anyway, there are many other interesting and challenging tasks.  For an
example, see Per's email
http://lists.complete.org/freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx/2003/04/msg00126.html.gz

It needs to be approached with some care though!