Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: April 2003:
[freeciv-ai] Re: AI Diplomacy v9 (PR#2413)

To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: AI Diplomacy v9 (PR#2413)
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 09:48:09 -0700

(For playtesters.)

On Fri, 25 Apr 2003, Per I. Mathisen wrote:
> - Do ask more than once about treaties, but wait quite a while if we get
> a 'no'. Wehatess spam.

Please let me know if this waiting period between queries from the AI is
too much or too little.

> - Don't wait for other wars to finish before starting another if we see
> a space launch.

I also need people to test if this is working properly. Is it consistently
going to war when a player builds a spaceship?

>  - Added concept of an 'alliance leader' who can make ceasefires on
> behalf of an alliance. This way we can break the "we're at war with two
> allied enemies and neither wants to let his ally down but bothwant peace"
> deadlock.

This also needs more testing. It should work but there may be many things
about this that can go wrong.

> (I already know there is a bug when teleporting units when an alliance is
> broken. It can give an assertion failure when compiled with
> --enable-debug=yes in some rare cases. I don't know why or how to fix,
> though.)

Note that this bug isn't in the patch, it is in freeciv. So anyone who has
more info about this bug, please let me know.