Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: November 2002:
[freeciv-ai] Re: fix for strange goto code

To: Gregory Berkolaiko <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: fix for strange goto code
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 12:33:15 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 7 Nov 2002, Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:
> You change do_unit_goto.The changes are sane, but what is the caller of
> this function that was having problems.Please give more info.

To reproduce: Watch the AI ship a settler overseas, then watch it abandon
that ship permanently at the point where it drops off the settler.

I tracked the error down to this place, and the patch fixes it. However,
_why_ it fixes it is a good question. This is another case where I just
have to ask - why did this code ever work? There must have been a bug in
goto_is_sane() that you fixed that eliminated the bug that I just
discovered...