Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: November 2002:
[freeciv-ai] Flying AI v5

To: Freeciv AI development <freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Flying AI v5
From: Gregory Berkolaiko <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 13:23:58 +0000 (GMT)

This is an updated version of AI-can-fly series.

Most of Mike's comments were addressed in some way, functions declared
static whenever possible.

Per, can you check for compiler warnings that you said you had earlier,
please.

I think it is ready for inclusion, but it will be modified when the
path-finding is agreed upon: the queue will be separated into common.

I feel it's a bit premature to do it now, because the structure of the
queue interface needed for PF is not finalised.

Another thing: I am not convinced that having planes acutually makes AI
harder; while planes are very effective, they are costly too.  AI makes
great use of them to fence off incoming transports, and they are good to
kill a city's defenders, but being stupid, AI doesn't capitalise on it and
doesn't always occupy the city.

So, placement of H_NOPLANES handicap can be discussed (currently easy AI
doesn't build planes).

I believe this to be a minor issue though.