Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: September 2002:
[freeciv-ai] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Why does the partisan does not conquer th

To: Jordi Negrevernis i Font <jorneg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv AI development <freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Why does the partisan does not conquer that city? (PR#2054)
From: Gregory Berkolaiko <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 13:39:57 +0100 (BST)

On Thu, 12 Sep 2002, Jordi Negrevernis i Font wrote:

>     May be bodyguard code?
>
>     Join as jorneg or jordi. Go to baktra near Susa and watch as the

1. Your message appears malformatted.  Anyway, I don't think you should
send the savegames along, they are big.  Put it on the web or something.

2. This problem is wide-spread.  I reckon that sometimes it's the
bodyguard code which doesn't release the unit.  Sometimes it's simply that
the city was cleared after the potential occupier is processed.  I thought
about it and the solutions would probably involve either cycling through
all units again and forcing them to occupy cities if they have enough
movepoints or cycling through empty (or better emptied) enemy cities and
see if any of our units is within walking distance.  The second is
preferable and can be done better with the new path finding.