[freeciv-ai] bodyguard cleanup#3
[Top] [All Lists]
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index] [Thread Index]
This introduces a lot of changes:
- moves some functions only used in advmilitary over from aicity
- creates a separate unit selection function for bodyguards, since they
have special needs and limitations
- adds create_unit_virtual() and destroy_unit_virtual(), lifted
shamelessly from Greg's flying ai patch. much cleaner code now.
- military_advisor_choose_build() mostly cleaned up
- we now always build Port before building ships, _if_ we can build it
- ** we build and use bodyguards for transports! ** this code leaves much
to be desired, but we try to snatch up a bodyguard (cruiser or aegis)
on our way to deliver military guys, and then release it and call its
attack function when we've dropped them off, making it try to whack
the target city a bit first. this works very well when it happens, though,
not often, as the meeting of charge and guard is rather hard. need to do
this better, and also consider using all kinds of city-whacking ships to
bodyguard us and then whack our target after we've unloaded. this
should make the ai appear a bit more "coordinated". ferry and its guard
should probably be acquired at the same time and head to the same pick
up point, instead of ferry acquiring a guard after it has picked
someone up. but this is hard and need to clean up ferry code first.
- general cleanup of bodyguarding code. now it should work, period.
- removed the stupid "set all units to AIUNIT_IDLE in the
beginning of the turn" piece of crap code. the AI seems to cope well
but expect bugs from this one (this also done in diplomats patch).
- you will no longer see mech inf bodyguarding riflemen, or mech inf
bodyguarding mech inf. now you will see the ai building howitzers and
bodyguarding them with mech inf! yay.
Please review & comment. I consider this the final bodyguard cleanup, and
intend to have a go at the ferryboat code next.
"I don't see why people are so upset about cloning sheep. American
television networks have been doing that to their audiences for years."
-- Jello Biafra
Description: Text document
|[Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread]|
- [freeciv-ai] bodyguard cleanup#3,
Per I. Mathisen <=