Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: August 2002:
[freeciv-ai] Re: ai bodyguard code cleanup part#1

To: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: ai bodyguard code cleanup part#1
From: Gregory Berkolaiko <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 16:15:32 +0100 (BST)

On Sat, 10 Aug 2002, Per I. Mathisen wrote:

> > Ha, now I see why your diplomats were not getting the bodyguards: they are
> > too fast!!
>
> That is one problem. Before mech inf, maybe making smart use of our fast
> movement (not stopping next to city) is better than bodyguard. But when we

I am not 100% convinced.  Depends on the potential danger, especially
strength of fast units of the enemy.  If enemy only has Horsemen, then
Pikemen is a perfect guard.  The final dash to the city will have to be
made by diplo alone.

One way to model it is to run path-finding to the city for diplo alone and
for the bodyguard.  And see whose route comes out more dangerous.

G.

> get mech inf, we definitely want bodies. Especially now that the AI will
> make aggressive use of incitement. Anyway, the current code should
> recognize this already.

The current code assigns MechInf to be bodyguards for Riflemen.