Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: July 2002:
[freeciv-ai] time table for ai restructuring

To: freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] time table for ai restructuring
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 23:02:17 +0000 (GMT)

We have made plans for moving the AI eventually into client space. The
first step would be to add common stuff into client/ai/common/, like city
management (from CMA) and path finding. The second is to move the AI
sources physically in cvs to client/ai/<AI name>/. The third is to
actually make the existing AI work like a client. This plan is detailed in
README.AI already.

Obviously this will have serious impact on AI development. So I want to
know what you people think about this. There is no point moving stuff into
client disk space if nobody plans to eventually rework the stuff into a
client. Also this movement should not come on collision course with other
AI work.

We can do the code movement in this dev cycle, but that depends on whether
people here intend to start working towards making it a client in the near
future.

Thoughts?

Yours
Per