Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: April 2002:
[freeciv-ai] Review od Active Diplomats patch.

To: Per I Mathisen <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Mike Kaufman <kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Review od Active Diplomats patch.
From: Gregory Berkolaiko <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 15:22:01 +0100 (BST)

As promised, here is my damining review ;)

First of all, I was only reviewing the code.  This patch can influence the
gameplay quite a bit, so I suggest that we ask, say, Adam to playtest it.
A related comment: maybe we can finegrain the handicaps a little, let easy
mde build only defensive diplomats, normal mode build also offensive spies
(but no diplomats) and hard mode build everything?

As for the code, it's of very high quality in my eyes.  Easy to read,
quite well commented.

Most of my comment are related to the style, not the comments.  The
comments themselves are in the attached file (marked by [GB]).

So codewise it's 90% ready to go in.  But should be tested on the humans
first (*).

Best,
G.

---------
(*) Freeciv Project is against testing on animals.