Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: July 2008:
[aclug-L] Anybody knows someone which needs a computer?

Subject: [aclug-L] Anybody knows someone which needs a computer?
From: "David Carmichael" <dec2955@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 11:17:03 -0500

By the end of August I hope to have a no name "AMD Duron 900mhz" .5gb
(500mb) memory system <max the mainboard will see>,  USB 1.x, will have at
least one each working: harddrive, DVD Burner, 10/100 network interface,
modem built in, wireless keyboard & mouse combo and sound (modem on system
has never been used or tested but should work) with Windows XP Home
installed (will be given install disc!) and all current updates and AGV
Antivirus, The new owner could install "Open" or "Google" Office for word
processing.
I 'MAY' even have a monitor, but the monitor is still being tested... so the
new owner may have to find their own monitor (which could be purchased
locally on sale for about $100.00 or less), the new owner may want to pick
up a set of speakers for sound.

The system had been running 'X10' home automation and acting as a MP3 server
for the past few (has it really been close to six) years?

Power supply was replaced two years ago.
The case may not be the best looking! and has a custom fan installed on the
top for extra cooling.

Would like to give to somebody that really needs a computer for school or
work and does not have currently have a computer.

I hope to have the work load moved off this system by the end of the second
week in August so it should be out my door, and in the new owners hands
before school starts.

--David
--
I live in my own little world. But it's OK. They know me here.
Growing older is mandatory...Growing up is optional...