Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: November 2007:
[aclug-L] DirecTV R10 needs new Harddrive.

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] DirecTV R10 needs new Harddrive.
From: "David Carmichael" <dec2955@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 21:56:51 -0600

Anybody here had DirecTV but not a DVR?
Have an extra 120gb IDE or larger harddrive laying around?

I have a DirecTV R10 TIVO unit that the harddrive failed under service
contract.
Since DirecTV does not directly support the TIVO units they do not want the
unit back and told me to do what ever....

While for $20 I could download an
image<http://www.dvrupgrade.com/dvr/stores/1/product1.cfm?SID=1&Product_ID=67&Category_ID=5&page=prod&type=Model&ModelID=61>and
install a new harddrive.. do not have an IDE harddrive to use!!

So would be willing to trade for 1GB DDR2 PC2-5300 SODIMM... ($32.99 at Best
Buy this week) locally before I place the unit on eBay for sale.

--David

--
I live in my own little world. But it's OK. They know me here.
Growing older is mandatory...Growing up is optional...