Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: October 2004:
[aclug-L] External Hard drive enclosure

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] External Hard drive enclosure
From: Clint Brubakken <cabrubak@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 14:35:09 -0500

I am looking to get an external hard drive/ cd/dvd-rqw enclosure, So
that I can access a dvd burner with my laptop and some hardrives also.

I'd prefer one with firewire as the research I've seen says it is
effectively faster then USB 2.0.

Has anyone here had any experience with these? I've found several, but I
can't find any reviews (except for New Egg, which removes negative reviews).

Clint