Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: July 2004:
[aclug-L] Re: Meeting Tonight?

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Meeting Tonight?
From: Kirk Lancaster <lancaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 16:11:29 -0500

There were six of us at a nice, informal meeting.  One idea that was discussed
was that of having CDs on hand (e.g. at ACLUG meetings) which contained a
minimal version of Knoppix (http://www.knoppix.net/) together with necessary
"wine tools" (wine, wineX, etc.) and computer games so a WSU student could
insert the CD into her/his computer and play.  I do not know which games
would work here, what copyright issues would arise, or how much to charge for
a CD.  (http://www.transgaming.com/products_linux.php)
One variation was to have different types of games: FPS, "D&D", etc.  Each CD
might have different "wine" requirements.

Some games which work under wine (if I am not mistaken): Masters of Orion,
TA, TAK, ...

Linux version of these games (??): NeverWinterNights, Quake3, Medal of Honor,
Unreal Tournament 2004, ...
http://www.linuxgames.com/
http://www.happypenguin.org/
http://www.linuxgamepublishing.com/
http://lgames.sourceforge.net/
http://linux.tucows.com/games.html

Anyone (who attended last night or not) is free to correct me.