Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: February 2004:
[aclug-L] [announce] February Aclug Meeting: Monday, Feb 9th @ 7:30pm: T

To: <announce@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] [announce] February Aclug Meeting: Monday, Feb 9th @ 7:30pm: The Debian Distribution
From: "Dale W Hodge" <dwh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 11:28:36 -0600

Our next Aclug meeting will be this coming Monday, Feb 9th at 7:30pm in room
260 of Jabara Hall, on the Wichita State University Campus. (Weather
Permitting)

John Goerzen will give a talk about the Debian distribution. He writes:

  Debian.  Debian is, well, one of those "different" distributions.
  I'll talk about Debian's history, why I use Debian on all my machines,
  its current status, its weaknesses, how to use it, etc.  Debian is
  also the only Linux distribution that is not just a Linux
  distribution; Debian ports also exist for the Hurd operating system,
  are in progress for FreeBSD and NetBSD; are even being worked on for
  Windows (!); and the Debian packaging system has been ported to MacOS
  X (fink).  I'll talk about some of these things, too.

We hope to see you there!

--Dale

---
Dale W Hodge - dwh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx