Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: January 2004:
[aclug-L] WLAN on Linux -- SUCCESS with 802.11G

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] WLAN on Linux -- SUCCESS with 802.11G
From: Jeff Vian <jvian10@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 20:13:30 -0600

I recently bought a wireless adapter (802.11G) and was unable to get it
working under Linux.  It seems the manufacturer has not released drivers
for Linux for that card/chipset.

The card is an AirLink WLH3010 which uses the broadcom chipset.

After some research I found a tool called driverloader that solved my
problem.

With driverloader installed simply run the config tool and it installs
the WINDOWS drivers and uses them to run the adapter.

driverloader is available at www.linuxant.com, and although the AirLink
device is not listed as supported it works perfectly.  There is a 30 day
free trial on driverloader, and the permanent license is only $20 so it
really is cheap for what it does.

Just thought those of you wanting to do something similar might be saved
a little bit of trouble in getting it set up.

Jeff