Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: November 2003:
[aclug-L] HELP my DIGITAL ID has fallen and I can't get it up!

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] HELP my DIGITAL ID has fallen and I can't get it up!
From: "Christopher Brown" <cwjbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 12:03:11 -0600

Yes, all my hard drive on my laptop is completely inop (my earlier cryptically
inclined message was a mistake). I am IBM certified to repair, but this HD and
laptop are, of course, out of warrenty.

Now as for the my GPG key, established and signed at the keysigning party, I
copied certain keys down on paper, but the RH8 system that the PGP keys were
installed upon has seen the last of any electrical activity. Am I screwed? Do I
need to establish a NEW gpg identity, and ask for a new signing from everyone?
All data, except the certificates were redundant anyway....sigh. So in reality
I'm just worried about re-establishing my Digital Identity.

Suggestions would be good here.

Thanks for gently showing me a way around this screw up.

chris brown