Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: November 2003:
[aclug-L] Using the ACLUG help & discussion line

To: cwjbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Using the ACLUG help & discussion line
From: jlweaver <jlweaver@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 11:00:32 -0600

Your latest post is going to upset all the members because you sent it
as a reply to a message from Dale Hodge dated December 4 2003.  As every
member is anxiously awaiting an announcement as to the ACLUG meeting
plans for December 2004 your post is bound to mislead the members.
my system crashed...PS took out the HD on the laptop I was using...am I screwed?

Your post is relevant though.  I am assuming you cannot boot your laptop
even with a boot diskette.  If you mean "PS" to mean the 'power supply'
"took out" rendered the "HD" hard drive inoperable then I will offer a
few suggestions.  If you are not intimately familiar with the "innards"
of your laptop you should take it to a trained technician and save
yourself  lots of heartache. From this position I cannot ascertain
whether your hard drive is actually inoperable from the cryptic sentence
you submitted.  Something else might actually be your problem other than
your hard drive, so all may not lost after all.  Of course, I
immediately assume that you do not have a complete back up of the
contents of your hard drive from which you could rebuild your hard drive
if it actually is good but the contents are trashed.  The repair of your
laptop is best left to knowledgeable people unless you are an expert
user with vast troubleshooting experience..........