Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: August 2003:
[aclug-L] Re: Microsoft's best move

To: <discussion@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Microsoft's best move
From: "Dale W Hodge" <dwh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 14:07:22 -0500

Jonathan, your analogy is way off the mark. I've been in the business for nearly
30 years, and automobiles have definately improved, despite what you might
perceive.  Granted there are some makes and models that do have a poor service
history, notably a lot of early 90's Fords. However, by and large, most models
will last an astonishing 250,000 miles with very little work.  It's mostly the
small stuff that breaks now rather than the big ticket items.  As cars have
grown more complex, there are more small things that can and do break.  But
overall reliability has improved, and the required maintainance has definately
decreased.

--Dale

---
Dale W Hodge - dwh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx