Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: August 2003:
[aclug-L] Windows Updating

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Windows Updating
From: James Lancaster <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 08:13:10 -0500

I am trying to figure out a way to update software on Windows (2000) from
Linux (or a single Windows box even) However, so  far I have failed to find
any.

This is not windows update stuff (Windows and MS Office)-it's prorams like
mozilla, opera, openoffice, etc. For those things, Windows Update generally
works.

These conditions are true:
The windows 2000 computers are members of a samba-controlled domain.
The windows computers all have access to certain folders where the installers
for the programs are located (which is how they are installed by hand)
I might be able to use some pay through the nose Microsoft program, but there
is a lack of $$. (But mention any even if they are expensive so I know if
they exist)

James L