Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: March 2003:
[aclug-L] Re: [M$ vs Open Source]

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: [M$ vs Open Source]
From: jeffrey l koehn <caveman@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2003 20:18:23 -0600

On Sunday 09 March 2003 06:00 pm, you wrote:
>   Why can't we just have our own realm of expertise and get
> along?

What you are seeing and
witnessing are the glorious days of change.
These are the interesting days as
changes take place in the tech world.
Sooner or later all of *manufacturing* will be
using Linux or an Open Kernel, and Open Souce
for manufacturing of products and in products.
All that really matters is that Linux ( the Kernel )
is Open ( GPL ). Anything else doesn't really matter.
If there are Apps that are Open and GPL, than that
is just icing on the cake. And we all know
how much icing there is on that cake.