Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: March 2003:
[aclug-L] Re: [M$ vs Open Source]

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: [M$ vs Open Source]
From: Nate Bargmann <n0nb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2003 18:26:55 -0600

* ironrose <ironrose@xxxxxxx> [2003 Mar 09 17:59 -0600]:
>   Why can't we just have our own realm of expertise and get along?
>
> Here is more fuel to the fire in the M$ vs linux debate.

One has to love the cluelessness exhibited by this quote early on:

 "Microsoft is in agreement with much of the position that David has of
 the future. But Microsoft believes that breakthroughs will come mostly
 through commercial software companies, like Microsoft," a company
 spokeswoman said.

While I realize this lady is paid to do the PR, it does show the
arrogance that exists at MS.  In fact "commercial software companies,
like Microsoft" are doomed, if last weeks' action by SCO-Caldera is any
indication.  Of course, what "breakthroughs" are anticipated are yet to
be determined, but I'll bet they involve a pack of lawyers.

I'm sorry MS, but you'd better start preparing your legal breifs.  Your
future looks as bright as SCO-Caldera's...

- Nate >>

--
 Wireless | Amateur Radio Station N0NB          | "We have awakened a
 Internet | n0nb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx               | sleeping giant and