Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: February 2003:
[aclug-L] Re: Motorola Calls on Linux for Smart Phone

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Motorola Calls on Linux for Smart Phone
From: Steven Saner <ssaner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 09:39:43 -0600

Do you know what ftp server program you are using? I don't know what
comes standard with RH8.0.  wu-ftpd? proftpd? other?

In general though, anonymous ftp is often set up so that there is an
"incoming" directory and an "outgoing" directory. You can anonymously
upload to the incoming directory, but can not download from
it. Conversely, you can anonymously download from the outgoing
directory, but not upload to it. This is done for security
reasons. Perhaps that is what you are running in to.

Steve