Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: October 2002:
[aclug-L] Re: RAID question?

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: RAID question?
From: flimzy@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 15:30:02 -0500 (CDT)

That doesn't mean anything other than that your RAID card has its own BIOS
(sort of a no brainer... a RAID card without a BIOS would be rather
useless).  About a year ago when I was researching RAID controllers, the
cheapest Hardware RAID controller was about $130.  I'm sure the price has
gone down since then... I think I've heard of some available in the
$60-$80 range within the last few months.
Chances are, though... unless you KNOW it's a hardware card, it's probably
not.
-- Jonathan