Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: October 2002:
[aclug-L] Re: RAID question?

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: RAID question?
From: David Carmichael <dec2955@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2002 12:15:13 -0500

From:
> James
> .... you know you have a hardware based raid card (which does the
processing on itself) ....
From
> Jonathan Hall
> Whether that works will be a question to ask your RAID controller manual
:) ....

IT seems to be a hardware based card due to the fact that it does do an IDE
chain INIT after the BIOS and onboard IDE INIT but before the systems
installed hardware screen is displayed... and the reason that I am asking is
that the manual is nothing more than a single 8.5" X 5.5" sheet saying plug
in and boot up with picures.

--David