Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: September 2002:
[aclug-L] Re: Walmart $200 PC

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Walmart $200 PC
From: bruce <bbales@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 23:51:06 -0500

On Friday 06 September 2002 08:22 pm, Ann wrote:
> I think that it is good deal.  I don't hate M$, but it gives
> consumers other options.  How the customer feel about the OS
> after about 6 months is what I am curious about.  It is
> suppose to run most M$ programs, but time will tell.

I'm not so sure that running M$ programs is too great anyway.
I hear that the Office suite costs more than two of these
computers.  And legally, you can only install it on one
computer.

What we need are linux applications that match or better the
Office suite.  Sun's Open Office is a good start, but still has
bugs, lacks some features I really liked in Wordperfect, and
isn't real fast.

bruce