Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: June 2002:
[aclug-L] Seeking pgm for Win98SE.

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Seeking pgm for Win98SE.
From: David Carmichael <dec2955@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 04:18:03 -0500

Ok I have the following request and it might seem a little strange, I
have done a search on the net for a program to do what I am going to
outline below but could not find one using the search words that I was
using, so here goes my request:

I am seeking a Win98SE program that will do an "ALT+TAB" then do an
"F5" to refresh the screen on a user defined time setting. And or
rotate to the top window all open windows via a user set control
panel.

What this program will be used for: (see if you can follow my
thinking..)

I have a home UHF distribution system where I currently have five
internal created "channels" and wish to create a sixth "Weather
Channel" style channel.

I have an older P-233MMX that I had been offering for sale and can not
seem to sell so I was looking for a way to put the system to use and
said to "..... myself why not add a Weather Channel .....".

I have an ATI Radeon card with TV out that I could install in this
system, connect it to my DSL connection via my home network and set
this computer up to run "WeatherBug" and also connect to local TV
stations weather info web sites and other related weather sites. With
the sound coming from a "NOAA" radio. Using the '... "ALT+TAB" then do
an "F5" ..." program to change the top most window every few minutes.
I would then have a customized internal weather channel that can be
viewed any where in my home via my current UHF distribution system.

I have all the hardware and software (other than the "ALT+TAB" then do
an "F5" macro[?]!) to attempt the above. As an added feature it would
be nice for a program such as "WeatherBug" to be able to "click" on
the function buttons to display the warnings, forecast, etc.

Can anybody here help me find the needed program?

[PS: How many of you laugh out loud at the end of newest "Gateway" TV advert
with the "Dance Number" every time it is shown??]