Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: June 2002:
[aclug-L] Re: sound on Linux

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: sound on Linux
From: james <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2002 21:29:02 -0500

On Friday 31 May 2002 21:38, you wrote:
> I have been having the same problem since I installed 7.3 and I thought
> that my speakers were going bad, but it does the same with another set
> of speakers.  Anne

I have a sb 512 (emu10k1, etc  - basically a live without the digital out) in
7.2 and I have played around with it rather extensively. Try messing with
digital 2 or some of the other parts.

I also upgraded a machine with 7.3 and a live card and it works just fine.

> Jeff Vian wrote:
> > I am running RedHat 7.3, with soundblaster Live Value card.
> >
> > The audio is working, but no matter what I do it is barely loud enough
> > to hear.
> >
> > I know I read there are some extra controls available with packages that
> > can be installed to do a better job of controling the card and mixing,
> > but have not yet been able to find them.
> >
> > Does anyone know where the best linux drivers/mixers for the
> > soundblaster cards can be found

Usually the latest and greatest drivers are in the latest and greatest
kernel.
the old page at opensource.creative.com is down and they moved it to
sourceforge. I think emu10k1.sourceforge.net (I am not sure about that though)

James L