Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: May 2002:
[aclug-L] Re: php and cgi on Cox.net

To: <discussion@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: php and cgi on Cox.net
From: "Dale W Hodge" <dwh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 14:28:53 -0500

First off, you would have needed to have named the page either .php or
.phtml for the server to know that it needed to parse the page for php; at
least that's the recommened way of doing things.

> Cox says they do not support php or cgi.  Is there anything I can
> put on my
> web page that will allow me to have even a hit counter?  Or am I
> completely
> at the mercy of the isp?

I think I've seen some counters that don't require cgi or php, but I'm not
sure how they accomplish their magic.  For the most part, I'd say you are at
the mercy of your ISP.

--dwh

---
Dale W Hodge - dwh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx